Welcome to Evergreen's blog

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find posts about what I love most, horses, fiber, knitting, writing, spirit, peace, art.....

or visit my website at: www.evergreenspiritpress.com

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why Creating Peace?

I was lying in bed one morning, mulling over stuff, waking up slowly, when the message came. “Evergreen, sponsor an art exhibit called Creating Peace.”

Who me? I’ve never sponsored an art exhibit before. I know nothing about doing that. “Yes, you.”

Okay. I’ve learned to listen to messages from spirit source, so I dove in.

The journey has been about trust, patience, and finding the artist within me.

Trust. First of all, I had to trust the message. Then I had to trust myself to be able to fulfill the task. I’m good at organizing and taking care of details. I can’t be that hard, right? I booked the center, I sent out the call to artists, I got a beautiful poster made. Details.

Patience. Now, the patience comes in. Waiting for people to respond. There is an old story I have carried for too long that said ‘if I throw a party, no one will come.’ People said yes it was a good idea, sure I’ll participate, but no submission forms came in the mail.

Finding the artist within. I came to realize that I could not expect others to participate until I had put my energy into it as well. How can I expect others to show up if I wasn’t showing up fully? So, I made the commitment. I chose several pieces of my own artwork to hang in the show. I changed my story. I would throw this party and I would show up, even if I was the only one there, I was going to have fun.

Amazing how spirit works, isn’t it? As soon as I committed, life responded. Submissions started coming in. The phone started ringing, “Hi Evergreen, I’ve got a piece for your show, I just forgot to send the form. Is it too late?”

It’s never too late. Never too late to commit to life, to trust, to find patience, and to find the artist within.

This show is going to be amazing. Many different artistic mediums are being presented. People are coming out of the woodwork to help.

Come visit my show, join the party.

1 comment:

  1. Liked this post.!
    Your show sounds great by the way :)
    Maybe, post some pictures of it :D
    Keep up the good work
    Vi :)

    ReplyDelete