Welcome to Evergreen's blog

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find posts about what I love most, horses, fiber, knitting, writing, spirit, peace, art.....

or visit my website at: www.evergreenspiritpress.com

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Bear Den

My husband is a carpenter. Last summer, he decided he wanted to build something. He's a good builder, makes things very strong and functional. He decided to build a 12 x 20 foot building, complete with three windows, a real entry door, and a double door entry on one side. He built this building on skids so we can move it around wherever we want.

We installed a couch, an old braided rug, and scavenged two wooden chairs from a dump pile. I brought my weaving loom out. Then I managed to scavenge an old wooden desk from a newspaper office that was closing, which matched the chairs perfectly. Our next addition was a bear rug (that's another story, to be told). We hung the bear on the wall of the building and dubbed the building officially The Bear Den.

The Bear Den is my studio for knitting, weaving, painting, spinning, beading or whatever I'm included to do that day. A woodstove keeps it cozy and warm, with a tea pot to set on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment