Welcome to Evergreen's blog

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find posts about what I love most, horses, fiber, knitting, writing, spirit, peace, art.....

or visit my website at: www.evergreenspiritpress.com

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What a good dog!

This morning I let the dogs out before I went to work. I put Rocky on his long leash and let them run around. This is usually tricky, as he likes to run around me and get me caught in the leash.
He saw the barn cat, Kronk, by the garage and immediately gave chase. He chased until he got to the horse corral and stopped at the fence. This is improvement. I called him and he turned and came to me. I rewarded him and then started doing my tai chi practice. Rocky sat down on the grass by me and watched the cat, but never got up to chase.
What a good dog!
I think the relaxation of my tai chi practice had some effect. He seemed to like the gentle energy, which counteracted his wild side.
My husband has been taking him for lots of walks and giving out lots of treats for come when called. Rocky sleeps with me in the screenhouse at night and I put treats on his dog bed. He is starting to remember that and gets excited to go right into the screenhouse, no more deer chasing.
We love Rocky.

1 comment: