Welcome to Evergreen's blog

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find posts about what I love most, horses, fiber, knitting, writing, spirit, peace, art.....

or visit my website at: www.evergreenspiritpress.com

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Evergreen's dog blog

No, I haven't changed the name of my blog, but it seems I'm writing alot about my new dog, Rocky. He's always giving me something new to say.
Last night, Rocky and Lisha (our other dog) were in the house. I was calmly spinning some wool, enjoying the quiet.
Rocky began to go wackoo. He started chasing his tail in a wild circle at about 100 mph. The noise his feet made on the carpet broke the quiet of my spinning. He would gyrate in a circle in one place, then run to the other side of the room and start again. Lisha decided there was something to be scared about and began to whine at Rocky.
When he continued his frantic chase and bite at his tail, I wondered if maybe something was biting him, like a woodtick and it itched. So I called him over, (he actually came when called, this is good), and began scratching his tail for him. He liked that but I wasn't getting the right spot, so I held his tail in one spot so he could bite it. I thought he probably knew the right spot better than I did. This went on for a while, but didn't solve the problem.
Now, Lisha is getting mad. She is starting to bark at Rocky and gets off the couch and bites at him. "Stop that, you're scaring me," she says.
I decided Rocky probably needed some exercise to run off his energy. I took him outside on his retractable leash and he ran back and forth in front of me, jumping and acting like a dock dog. I held up his sock toy and he jumped to get it, then ran around me shaking the sock toy. This went on for a while.
I wondered if it was possible to teach a dog to lunge like a horse. He obviously had more energy that I did.
I walked along the edge of the hayfield, while he ran back and forth through the tall grass. He finally decided the hayfield was a good place to poop and that seemed to settle him down. We went back inside and he took a long nap.
Is my dog psycho? Maybe. Or maybe he is almost two years old and needed to run off some energy.
Today it's Lisha's turn to be psycho. There was thunder this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment