Welcome to Evergreen's blog

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find posts about what I love most, horses, fiber, knitting, writing, spirit, peace, art.....

or visit my website at: www.evergreenspiritpress.com

Friday, May 28, 2010

the next step, dying










No, I'm not dead. I was adding color to wool. This was my first attempt at dyeing wool. My sister and niece came up and we had a dyeing party. We used acid base dyes and a microwave that my sister got free by putting up a sign where she worked.


We did the process outside on a beautiful sunny day.

I dyed my grey and black homespun with one color and it came out beautifully. The dark shades of the wool took the dye differently so it turned out to be a heathery result.


I also had some Lion wool that I got on sale from their website in white. I dyed those skeins in a painted fashion with different colors.


The photos are of the dyed wool hanging on the clothes line to dry. And some that were re-skeined.


Now, I need to do more carding and spinning so I can dye again.



No comments:

Post a Comment