Welcome to Evergreen's blog

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find posts about what I love most, horses, fiber, knitting, writing, spirit, peace, art.....

or visit my website at: www.evergreenspiritpress.com

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I must be insane...

...at least when it comes to knitting. Yes, my yarn stash is the size of a major football stadium, but that isn't the only reason I'm insane.
I just completed knitting an Einstein coat. It is gorgeous and it took a long time. If you don't know what an Einstein coat is, it is a wool coat knitted entirely with the knit stitch (no purl or cables, etc.) They call it Einstein because when you are done it looks like it was hard, but it's not. However, it takes a long time.
Upon completion of that project, I went back to working on the Frog Tree Origami Sweater I started last year. Again, it's all one stitch. This time it is K1P1 ribbing. The concept is a knitted rectangle 65" long and about 2 foot wide in this ribbing. Then you knit another rectangle, not as long or wide and fold the two together to make a sweater.
All that ribbing takes quite a while to knit.
This week, I got out some Cascade 220 I've had for a while, dark green heather, very nice. And, I started to knit a poncho using size 5 needles. All knit stitch.
Again, it will take a long time to complete.
And, I'm contemplating another project of a lace shawl.
I must be insane to have four long knitting projects going at one time. But, my scheme is to alternate between projects so no one project can get boring.
Of course, there's always the prospect that all four of them get boring as a whole. Then I'd have to start number five....

No comments:

Post a Comment