Welcome to Evergreen's blog

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find posts about what I love most, horses, fiber, knitting, writing, spirit, peace, art.....

or visit my website at: www.evergreenspiritpress.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Minor little details...

I read a post on the Miss Babble Blog which talked about the minor little details that are so important to knowing a person. So I decided to put a few of my minor details here, so you can know me better.
I don't wear nail polish.
Okay, maybe once in a while in the winter when my nails get dry and brittle I will wear some nail strengthener, but that's it. I was in Walgreens the other day and found some really pretty metallic nail polish for 99 cents each. I bought a few bottles to use on my art journals.
I love cheese.
But, please no Swiss. Mozzarrella, cheddar, farmers, provolone, parmesan. I love it on sandwiches, in salads, on rice, on noodles, as finger food.
I don't perm, color, kink, or spray my hair.
My hair is straight, it's the way I was born and it's what my hair wants to do. I've tried perming in the past, and coloring, but all it does is ruin my hair. So, I have decided to not do anything with it. I was at a salon a while ago to get a trim and the stylist asked "how do you get such healthy hair?" Easy, don't do anything to it. I don't think that was the answer she wanted to hear, because it pretty much puts her out of a job.
I like fine point pens.
I learned how to take shorthand in high school and we were advised to use a fine point pen because they write faster than medium points. I have stuck with fine point pens ever since. Even though I am a writer by profession, I don't like the act of writing by hand. It's too slow. I do most of my writing on the computer. And if I have to write by hand, it must be with a fine point pen!
I think in shorthand.
Some people think in French, or Spanish. I think in shorthand. It's like another language for me. Whenever I have something to write down that I don't want to share with anyone, I do it in shorthand. Even if you know how to read shorthand (and if you do, you are hinting to your age), you probably can't read mine. I am a messy writer (got a D in handwriting in school) and just as messy of a shorthand writer.

These are a few little details about me, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment